City Harvest Church + CNY + Rock Cafe

    Two nights ago, Leonard invited me for his church CNY event at City Harvest Church, Sunway.

    So let's go!

    IMG_2032

    I studied 5 years in Sunway and I had no idea that building I passed by almost everyday was a church. I thought it was some factory pulaaak lol.

    Getting there was tricky too. It's easy to get mistaken when the directions given to me are 'there, that church next to the sewage tank'.

    How la to find sewage tank in Sunway. Oxidation pond got la Leonard haha.

    IMG_2040

    The crowd was Huge for a church. I'd say about 600-800 people were in the small hall getting to know each other. That 2:35 timer on the screen was the time left to socialize!

    But I didn't get to know anyone there though. How la when everyone's lifting their hands in prayer when I'm apparently not. Outsider betul haha.

    I like the fact that the pastor, Kevin Loo was dressed like a rockstar. Completely different from most pastors that I know.

    IMG_2033

    If I'm not mistaken, he's less than 40 years old. But he radiates immense amounts of energy and passion.

    One thing I found interesting was how the CNY festival was brought out and spread to all in the lines of Christianity. I found myself enjoying some of Kevin's sharings, where very little or almost none had religious elements. Stuff like 'protect your parents' and a few others, hey, those were in Moral books right.

    'Sides, you can't go wrong when there's some happy music going on. Though I chose not to pay too much attention to the lyrics most of the time.

    image

    At the end of the 2 hour event, the band cooked up a CNY song too. This I like!

    IMG_2055

    Complete with Pin Yin for us bananas to sing-a-long yo!

    Look who came for the event!

    IMG_2060

    L to R : Nicholas, *sorry forgot your name*, Jun Biao, Shaheen, Adeline, Leonard, Sebastian, Josh Lim and me.

     

    IMG_2063

    IMG_2064

    Dunno what these two guys were doing la.

     

    image

    No gathering would be complete without yumcha so we moved on to Rock Cafe. Formerly (currently still affectionately) known as Medan, the guys had supper while I had my dinner >_<

     

    IMG_2066

     

    Got to know a few really nice people....

    image

    Nicholas.

     

    image

    Adeline, Leonard's cupcake.

     

    image
    Cheryl with her signature smile. Josh says she looks like Belinda Chee. I think maybe better xD

     

    IMG_2118
    Quite model right?

     

    image 
    Shaheen, Jun Biao, Me. We the Mufyians!

     

    image
    This pic says A LOT! Look at the smile-that-says-i'm-in-heaven wei!

     

    image
    Grace Chin. Look cute cute only but she's got so many things to say.

     

    image 
    Business meeting also don't look this serious hahaaaa.

     

    image
    Me and Ms. Nice Skin. She called me that first yo.

     

    image 
    Damn yellow can. You both look like you got scurvy.

     

    IMG_2111
    Muka bahagia Sebastian.

     

     
    image 

    Ok, Milo-ais finish, time to go home (shot by Sebastian)

    Thanks Leonard for ajaking! Good time!

    Cheers!
    -EVo-

    4 commentos:

    Uncle Sam said...

    Haha. Ms Nice Skin?

    Cool church heh City Harvest?

    =)

    Ashleyteng said...

    whoa you're so active lar evo! u join so many events!
    and owh! tauke josh also there! haha!!

    happy cny!!

    Leonard said...

    Hola... Sorry lah bro... Sewage Pond lah bro.. where got oxidation ? hehehehe Anyway glad u found it.

    both u and josh are heroes lah. First, I booked seats for u n josh.. bt when i went out to get u, the usher filled up the seats and we have to take the stairs..

    After taking the stairs..josh came... and after getting him. Stairs oso no more..and i'm stucked outside.

    But thank Goodness my church is cool enuf to have a live-feed. Muahahaha

    Anyway..is good to have u with us in City Harvest. Will keep u posted again if there's any event. Meanwhile, let's keep each other posted on when to Yum Cha.. !

    Anonymous said...

    [Uncle Sam] Yeah it's quite big yo. draws quite a good crowd too! how come u weren't there?

    [AshleyTeng] not called active..is called KePo..wanted to find out what was happening that evening haha..yeah josh was there.he's everywhere LOL

    [Leonard] Ya live feed is kool. like real stadium lol..it's great meeting ur frens too. will keep u posted bro =)

    Copyright © 2008 - EVo's Space - is proudly powered by Blogger
    Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template